Corporate SQE Policy
April 1, 2013
Chiyoda fully recognizes that all corporate activities must be performed in a responsible manner leading to “sustainable development” by balancing the advancement of humankind and conservation of global environment.
Chiyoda shall, through cooperation with our customers as well as other concerned companies, governmental authorities and communities endeavor to satisfy the requirements and needs of customers and society in general by means of the following Safety, Quality and Environmental (“SQE”) policy.
- Recognize the each individual person has duty and responsibility to promote SQE activities and enhance SQE awareness, knowledge and competence through continual education and training.
- Provide high quality products and services which meet the requirements of customers and society related to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) by utilizing Chiyoda’s technology and engineering capabilities for facilities and equipment for customers or to Chiyoda.
- Minimize SQE risks, including injuries and occupational disease during the planning, design, procurement and construction and through the lifetime of a project, to a level As Low As Reasonably Practicable (ALARP) by identifying every potential hazard and implementing proper controls.
- Optimize the usage of natural resources and energy, reduce effluent and waste produced and recover usable material to achieve a low-carbon society through carbon management, including research and development of technologies to prevent or to resolve environmental problems; and transfer and spread such technologies globally.
- Comply with relevant SQE legislation and regulations, and with such other requirements to which Chiyoda subscribes.
- Ensure the continual improvements of SQE management systems.
Each individual staff member shall follow the directives set forth in this policy.
EVERY INCIDENT IS PREVENTABLE
We will be the most reliable Project Company in the world through SQE activities.