Detailed Engineering / Installation Engineering
Engineering by EMAS CHIYODA Subsea Ltd. / Xodus Group Ltd.
The Chiyoda group can provide complete system detailed engineering for non-proprietary SURF & SPS, Subsea Umbilical, Riser and Flowline (SURF).
Pipeline & Spool Mechanical Design
- Mechanical design activities such as wall thickness assessment, expansion analysis, on-bottom stability analysis, free-span assessments, material selection, internal & external corrosion assessments, crossing design.
- Buckling assessments and in-place spool stress analysis using FE analysis.
Riser Selection & Design
- Flexible riser configuration selection.
- Dynamic loading, fatigue, clashing and over-bending assessments based on system processes and metocean conditions using specialist software.
- In-place load & structural analysis, pull-in analysis, Vortex Induced Vibration (VIV) assessment, etc.
- Lift analysis to check the structural integrity of the assembly.
Subsea Structural Design
- Cathodic Protection (CP) system design based on weight and material take off.
- Foundations/mudmat design and in-place analysis.
- Lift analysis to ensure the structural integrity during lift scenarios.
- Piping analysis including wall thickness design, Hydrogen Induced Stress Cracking (HISC) assessment, etc.
- Steady state and transient flow assurance assessments.
- Operating philosophies for all field scenarios.
- Production chemistry and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) analysis.
Control System Design
- Control system selection and preparation of control system schematics.
- Management of control system vendors.
Technical Safety & Risk
- Facilitation and participation in HAZOP and HAZID workshops.
- Reliability, Availability and Maintainability (RAM) Analysis and Failure Mode, Effects and Criticality Analysis (FMECA).
From our global offices, the Chiyoda group’s experienced engineers can provide the engineering required to install moorings, anchors, risers, umbilicals and subsea equipment safely on the seabed.